Glyphs are all the rage these days. They’re a new way for players to modify spells and abilities. At level 70, players have 3 minor glyph slots and 2 major slots. The last major slot is awarded at level 80. With a limited number of slots and plenty of glyphs to chose from the choices can be complicated. After the break I’ll go over the recommended glyphs for enhancement shaman to maximum DPS. Plus, I’ll include some other options that might apply depending on your play style.
A lot of the choice comes down to play style. These are the ones that maximize enhancement damage output.
- Glyph of Stormstrike (major glyph / level 45) – Increases the nature damage bonus from your Stormstrike ability by an additional 8%.
- Glyph of Feral Spirit (major glyph / level 60) – Your spirit wolves gain an additional 30% of your attack power.
- Glyph of Lightning Shield (major glyph / level 15) – Increases the damage from Lightning Shield by 20%.
The Glyph of Lightning Shield and the Glyph of Windfury are a very close tie for third place. The Lightning Shield glyph works especially well if you have the talents: Static Shock and Improved Shields. This combination provides a descent DPS boost and scales well with haste.
If you pvp a lot, you might consider keeping the Glyph of Stormstrike and replacing the other two slots with Glyph of Windfury Weapon and Glyph of Shocking. This would help improve the burst damage that is required in pvp.
The minor glyphs seem to come down to personal preference with the possible exception of the ghost wolf glyph. Here’s a list of all the minor shaman glyphs available.
- Glyph of Ghost Wolf – Your Ghost Wolf form regenerates an additional 1% of your maximum health every 5 sec.
- Glyph of Renewed Life – Your Reincarnation spell no longer requires a reagent.
- Glyph of Water Walking – Your Water Walking spell no longer requires a reagent.
- Glyph of Water Breathing – Your Water Breathing spell no longer requires a reagent.
- Glyph of Water Shield – Increases the number of charges on your Water Shield spell by 1.
- Glyph of Astral Recall – Cooldown of your Astral Recall spell reduced by 2.5 min.
El’s Inscription is a great place to look for glyphs for every class. It also has some good information on how to grind out the inscription procession. I’d also like to point out the big enhancement shaman thread on the elitistjerks.com web site. Page 149 of that thread talks about glyphs and the removal of the Strength of Earth Glyph. Another excellent thread on elitistjerks.com is the enhancement shaman glyph thread that shows off a lot of theory craft for each glyph combination.
Updated 6/2/2009 – I updated the recommended glyphs based on the info from game version 3.1.
Popularity: 100% [?]